With August looming, its time to start taking advantage of every warm, sunshine filled day that summer has to offer. Here are 5 of our favourite patios worth checking out!
1. The Confederation Lounge at The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald — With one of the most spectacular view in the city, and a BBQ going all summer long, this patio is a must-visit in the summer. And no, this spot is not just for guests at the hotel — everyone is welcome! 10065-100 Street, 780-424-5181.
2. The Public House — With almost more space outside than in, there is a pretty good chance of finding a spot to sit on this laid-back patio. If you are looking for something to do mid-week, this is the perfect spot to check out, as ALL drinks on Wednesdays are $4! 10765 Jasper Ave., 780-420-9088.
3. Earls Downtown — If you haven’t checked out this newly renovated space yet, now is the time! Not only has their ever popular patio been expanded, an entire wall of the restaurant now opens up to the outside to allow those sitting inside to still feel like they are a part of the action. 11830 Jasper Ave., 780-488-6582.
4. Local Public Eatery — Delicious gourmet food, great beer, and non-stop sports played on flat screens make for a great summer atmosphere. Like Earls, this south side spot also opens one of their walls up so everyone can have some fresh air whether they are cozied up in a booth inside or lounging in the sunshine. 1820-99 St. (South Edmonton Common), 780-989-5898.
5. Tiramisu Bistro — Tucked just off the trendy 124 Street, this family-friendly patio with its cobblestones and shady trees feels like a little piece of Europe in the middle of the city! Its also the perfect spot to grab some dinner before checking out the 124 Grand Market on a Thursday night. 10750-124 St., 780-488-6582.