1. Alberta Legislature Building: Enjoy some frosty fun as you glide among twinkling lighted trees and the whimsical, softly lit grounds.
2. City Hall: This public ice plaza is open daily, but on Sundays you can skate to a beat as live jazz music is performed during the weekly Swing n’ Skate. On Saturdays, warm up inside City Hall after your skate and browse the year-round farmers’ market.
3. Hawrelak Park: This huge rink, nestled in a 68-hectare parkland, boasts stunning views of the river valley. Skate rentals and blade sharpening are available on-site on Friday evenings and weekends, so there’s no reason not to take the whole family out for a spin!
4. Victoria Park Oval: Got a need for speed? This rink is one of the most scenic outdoor speed skating tracks in Canada. It’s open to all skaters though, if you want to just skate a leisurely lap.
5. Rundle Park: Grab a hockey stick and take to one of their shinny ponds for a game of ice hockey. Stick to the main rink for some good ol’ fashioned skating.