The outrageous Black Friday shopping deals and discounts that have been offered in the United States for years are finally catching on at Canadian retailers. Though this shopping extravaganza doesn’t follow a major holiday like Thanksgiving in the U.S., it’s still a great reason for Canadians to start their gift shopping for the holidays!
Worried about how to tackle the daunting task of Black Friday shopping? We have some useful tips that’ll help you survive one of the busiest shopping days of the season!
Black Friday Survival Tips
1. Hydrate. Pack a water bottle (or two) in your bag for those moments when thirst strikes and you don’t have time to stop somewhere for a drink.
2. Rest up. Go to bed at a decent time on Thursday because you’ll need to wake up early to take full advantage of the extended hours.
3. Get the app. Most shopping centres in Edmonton have their own app with useful information from store discounts to live updates on parking.
4. Bring a friend. Similar to a workout routine, nothing will motivate you to keep shopping like having your friend cheer you on. (Just make sure to spot the good deals before they snatch them up.)
5. Plan ahead. Make a list of the gifts you need and the stores you want to visit so your trip can be as efficient as possible.
Find some of the biggest discounts and shop ’til you drop on Friday, November 27, at these shopping centres around Edmonton:
West Edmonton Mall | Open 8 am – 11 pm
Stop at Guest Services as soon as you arrive to pick up a Black Friday Shopping Guide. This resource will be a lifeline while you shop, as it lists some of the huge retailer promotions. For more assistance, download the official West Edmonton Mall app, which will help you find parking for what’s sure to be a busy day at the mall.
124th Street | Open 9 am – 7 pm
Many of the locally owned businesses on 124th Street will set their own discounts, so be sure to check out your favourite shops to see what they’re offering! If you’re not exhausted the next day, return for “Shop the Neighbourhood” on Saturday, November 28, when businesses will be offering yummy treats and special deals for this nation-wide celebration to shop local!
Southgate Centre | Open 8 am – 10 pm
On top of extended hours and amazing deals at participating retailers, Southgate Centre is giving away a $1,000 shopping spree for Black Friday. Enter here today! Special to Black Friday as well, you can buy a $100 gift card for only $75.
Londonderry Mall | Open 8 am – 9 pm
Londonderry Mall is giving away over $2,800 in gift card giveaways! Come early: a $1,000 door crasher prize will be offered at 9 am, and a $150 gift card will be given away every hour until closing. View more details here.
Kingsway Mall | Open 8 am – 9 pm
Discover all-day Black Friday deals from participating retailers during their extended hours!
City Centre Mall | Open 8 am – 9 pm
Discover all day Black Friday deals from participating retailers during their extended hours!
Many local retailers are also open for extended hours and are offering Black Friday discounts and deals, so be sure to check with your favourite shops to see if they are are hosting shopping extravaganzas!