The Government of Alberta announced steps for easing restrictions for businesses and the public in regards to COVID-19. Step 1 changes are in effect starting February 8, which allow for restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges, and cafes to open for in-person service. Many Edmonton locations are still open for pickup and delivery only, while others are reopening following health guidelines. There are many ways we can support our local Edmonton businesses.
Step 1 Changes
These are the province-wide mandatory restrictions in effect starting on Feb 8 for restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges, and cafes:
– Maximum of 6 people per table—individuals must be from the same household or the 2 close contacts for a person living alone.
– Tables/dining parties must be 2 metres apart.
– Contact information must be collected from one person of the dining party or the individual if they are dining alone.
– Liquor service ends at 10 pm.
– In-person dining must close by 11 pm.
– No entertainment allowed (e.g., no VLTs, pool tables, live music, etc.).
If you decide to dine in person, we’ve outlined a few simple mask etiquette guidelines to help keep the restaurant staff safe.
1) Wear your mask into the restaurant.
2) Keep the mask on while seated at your table and while ordering.
3) Remove your mask only after your food has arrived and the server has left your table.
4) After you’re done eating, put your mask back on, even if you are chatting at the table. Especially important to do so before a staff member clears your table and presents the cheque.
Plus: Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, and stay home if you’re sick!
Edmonton Spots Reopening for Dine-in
These Edmonton spots announced dates that they will be reopening for dine-in service.
1) Bohca Bistro & Bar
Open for dine-in service starting on Feb 8. As per AHS guidelines, liquor service ends at 10 pm and their late-night menu will not be available.
2) El Beso
Re-opening for dine-in on Feb 9 at 3pm with a new Happy Hour Menu. Reservations open.
3) Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
Re-opening their dine-in service on Feb 10. Takeout and delivery options still available. Reservations are open for Valentine’s dine-in service.
4) Smokey Bear
Dine-in service starts on Feb 11, including a special Valentine’s menu available for the week. Reservations are open.
5) Vaticano Cucina
Dine-in service reopens on Feb 11. Reservations open for Valentine’s Day.
6) Highlevel Diner
Opening for in-person dining on Feb 12, including a special Valentine’s menu available on Feb 14. Pickup and delivery options still available!
7) Harvest Room (Fairmont Hotel Macdonald)
Opening for dine-in for a special Valentine weekend event. Reservations open for Feb 13-14.
8) Alchemy Bar (JW Marriott)
Opening for dine-in for a special Valentine event. Reservations open for Feb 14.