The holiday season may look a little different this year, but we can still keep the joy and merriment. And if Santa can pay a virtual visit, all the better!
From November 20 to December 20, join the University of Alberta in their 36th season of the Festival of Trees, a compendium of exciting holiday activities delivered—for the first time ever—completely online! Hop on a phone call with Old Saint Nicolas himself, experience reading time with Mrs. Claus, or pre-order a “Festival-in-a-Box” to bring a bit of the North Pole into your living room.
And of course, let’s not forget the reason for the season and for the Festival of Tree’s mission for the past 36 years. The festival’s online auction directly supports the University Hospital Foundation to aid them in in support of Alzheimer’s research.
1) Order a Festival-in-a-Box! Choose either Adult (with charcuterie and wine) or Kids (with colouring books, treats, and more) for a selection of treats and fun to enjoy, delivered right to your doorstep. Expected delivery dates are from November 25–29, so book soon!
2) Book a live one-on-one virtual visit with Santa. Each appointment is approximately 5–10 minutes. Only a limited number of time slots available.
3) Book a group video call with Santa. This is a pre-recorded virtual group visit so children can see and hear Santa!
4) Enjoy virtual story time with Mrs. Claus, from a choice of seven Christmas stories (including The Night Before Christmas and Santa is Coming to Edmonton).
5) Bid during the online silent auction! As in previous years, the silent auction raises money for the University of Hospital Foundation. This year’s virtual version includes 185+ items to bid on, like a signed Oilers Jersey and a Meet-and-Greet with the Alberta Ballet’s Snow Queen.
WHERE Wish Book 2020 features festive celebrations and winter fun, seasonal menus and heated patios, and gift guides with over 75 of the coolest products from local boutiques and makers. Read the full version online.