Company: Tanner Young Publishing Group, Where Edmonton Magazine
Commitment: 4 Months, Full Time, May 1–August 31 (flexible)
We’re looking for an editorial intern to join our team. If you’re a current student or recent grad with the skills and desire to be part of the magazine publishing industry, this could be the job for you. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, thoughtful writer, who’s capable of producing high-quality, on-brand content for both print and digital platforms. Duties will include researching, writing, fact-checking, copy-editing, blogging, using social media, attending events, archiving, and more. Occasional work on evenings and weekends may also be required.
This is a paid, four-month internship for up to 40 hours per week, with flexible start and end dates.
Start date: May 1, 2019
End date: Aug 31, 2019
– Degree/diploma/study in Journalism, Communications, English, or a related field
– Excellent writing, researching, editing, proofreading, communication, strategic planning, and social media skills
– Keen interest in magazines and print culture
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and WordPress
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively
– Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is an asset
Interested candidates can please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18, 2019:
– Cover letter
– 200-word writing sample about an Edmonton event or attraction
We thank everyone for taking the time to apply, but only those selected for interviews will be personally contacted.