1. Which events are you most looking forward to in May/June?
The Works Art & Design Festival! I love all the local art, paintings, and jewellery.
2. Where is the perfect spot to enjoy a cup of specialty tea?
The perfect place is at Fairmont Hotel Macdonald. Enjoy a cup of our specialty loose leaf teas, house-made scones, and a Royal Tour of the castle and the Queen Elizabeth II Suite.
3. Where would you send a guest to buy a special gift for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day?
Pampering always makes for a great gift. I recommend a luxurious and relaxing spa day at Studio J, or a straight-blade shave at Barber Ha complete with hot and cold towel treatments and after-shave lotion.
4. What’s your favourite restaurant that’s opened in recent months?
Al Centro is the newest addition to the block. It has a warm, casual atmosphere, and I’m attempting to try everything from the Roman-style pizzas and house-made pastries to the espressos and pressed juices.
5. What and where is your favourite piece of outdoor art?
I love the murals in the French Quarters (east of 97 St.) and the feet—the 20-foot-tall brick and glass mosaic foot sculptures—at Southgate Mall.
Les Clefs d’Or Concierges have been opening doors for hotel guests in Canada since 1976, and today there are more than 150 members from coast to coast and more than 3,500 members worldwide! You can find Nella at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald.
Read the May/June 2019 digital edition for more great recommendations, Q&As, festivals, artists, and more!