The Edmonton streets are alive with the sound of music! Check out these weekend concerts to get your body moving.
World Music Week | July 28—31
Head down to the Hawerlak Amphitheatre for this one-of-a-kind festival! World Music Week is proud to be featuring local, national, and international artists, all united around their love for sharing culture through music and dance. This four-day festival will feature Digging Roots, Alaine, Bill Birdsong Miller, Neha Batra, and more.
Disco in the Park | July 30—31
- Two days of dancing, disco, and DJs. Does this sound like your dream? Then don’t miss out on Disco in the Park this weekend! Located in Louise McKinney Riverfront Park, this event promises drinks, food, and tons of talents from across Canada.
Beach Boys | July 29
- Sing along to hits like “Kokomo” and “Good Vibrations” with “Sixty Years of the Sounds of the Summer” at River Cree Resort and Casino. It is hard to imagine a band more legendary than the Beach Boys, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to experience their music live.
Jazz at 9910 | July 30
- Do you like jazz? New Standards and 9910 has you covered! Join Jeff Antoniuk & Helluvaband for a night of smooth tunes. Originally from Edmonton, Antoniuk is lauded as for his creative composing style and has been appeared on Jazz Top 40 charts and with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra as a featured soloist.
Looking for more?
Both Taste of Edmonton and K-Days have concerts for their final weekends! Find Jessie Reyez with BADBADNOTGOOD and Preston Pablo at K-Days or rock out with Canadian icons Jr. Gone Wild at Taste of Edmonton.
Mood for more than music? Here’s four more weekend entertainment options!
Edmonton Heritage Festival | July 30—August 1
Is it truly an Edmonton summer without a visit to the Heritage Festival? This Edmonton classic celebrates diversity and multiculturalism by featuring 70 different countries and cultures! Admission is free, with tons of free entertainment, art, and other amenities! You can also purchase delicious food directly from each country’s pavilion. With 900 shows and 600 different food items, Heritagefest is a cultural tour-de-force that promises to spice up your weekend! While you’re there, make sure to check out Black Owned Market and Afrodisiac’s pop-up events to support Black-owned businesses in Edmonton.
And pick up a physical copy of our July/August issue for an Edmonton Heritage Festival map!
Monster Jam | July 30
- Get your engines going with this exhilarating experience at Commonwealth Stadium. After a five-year break, this motorsports event offers fun for the whole family. High-flying stunts, head-to-head battles, and donut competitions—Monster Jam has it all!
Old Strathcona Antique Mall Parking Lot Sale | August 1
- Both the mall and parking lot will be filled with antiques this Monday! With over 60 vendors slinging vintage wares, you are sure to find lots of exciting new-to-you items. Parking lot sale runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, so get ready to browse an extensive selection of art, collectibles, and more.
Riverhawks | July 29—31
- What better way to spend your weekend than rooting for the Riverhawks? This weekend, they face off against the Bellingham Bells. Friday night will feature country music and fireworks, and make sure to ride your bike to RE/MAX field on Saturday for 50% your tickets! Sunday is fan appreciation night, so expect tons of prizes, a hot air balloon ride, and more. With games all weekend, there’s ample opportunity to support the home team.
Check out our event listings for more weekend fun!