Here’s 6 events to keep your weekend fresh.
Edmonton folk music festival | August 4—7
- Join one of the leading folk music festival in the world at Gallagher Park this weekend! This year on the Hill, festival-goers will be treated to sets from legendary acts like Orville Peck, The National, and Lord Huron.
Cariwest Festival | August 5—7
- Celebrate Caribbean culture with Cariwest this weekend! For three fun-filled days, Churchill Square will be flooded with costumes, food, and live entertainment. And make sure to check out Edmonton’s largest summer parade, which starts on Saturday at noon. The route will begin at 108th St and 99th Ave and end in Churchill Square.
Animethon | August 5—7
- Head down to the Edmonton Convention Centre for Canada’s longest-running anime convention! This year you can expect the classics: voice actor guests, musical acts, and a whole lot of cosplay! Animethon is legendary, so make sure to check out this event.
ESO @ AGA | August 6—7
- The Art Gallery of Alberta + the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. Is there a more iconic duo? Two of Edmonton’s most exciting arts organizations are teaming up to offer concerts in the architectural oasis of the AGA. The shows start at 2:00 but make sure to arrive early – your ticket includes access to all the AGA exhibitions!
Pride Cup | August 6
- Watch some hockey and support diversity all at once with the ICE District this Saturday. The inaugural Pride Cup ball hockey championship will have Edmonton’s Rage facing off against Calgary’s Pioneers for another Battle of Alberta. ICE District Plaza will also be providing live entertainment, food, and drinks!
The Lumineers | August 7
Finish off your weekend with the Lumineers and their world tour Brightside! After headlining the world’s first climate-positive tour in 2020, the Lumineers are continuing their commitment to the environment with their latest venture.