1. Stock up on quality European foods and ingredients at the Italian Centre, including a wide selection of fine cheeses, cured meats, and fresh-baked goods. After completing your grocery list, relax at Spinelli’s Bar Italia with a coffee or creamy gelato.
10878-95 St. | 780-424-4869
2. After a satisfying meal at one of this neighbourhood’s many fantastic restaurants, lounge in front of the fountain in Giovanni Caboto Park, or pay a visit to immortalized entrepreneur Frank Spinelli, whose statue is playing cards.
3. A family-run restaurant for over 30 years, Sorrentino’s serves up Italian comfort food. Indulge in a plateful of tender pasta in rich sauces, which are paired perfectly with their curated wine menu.
10844-95 St. | 780-425-0960
4. Sip on a delicious latté in the greenhouse oasis of Zocalo—Spanish for public square—where you can also purchase beautiful décor items and unique gifts!
10826-95 St. | 780-428-0754
5. A home for contemporary dance and arts, Mile Zero Dance hosts an eclectic mix of underground performances throughout the year. Visit the website to learn about the thought-provoking improv shows and cabarets held in the space.
10816-95 St. | 780-424-1573
6. Have an adventurous dining experience at Momona Restaurant & Bar (formerly Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant), which serves incredible and mouth-watering Ethiopian food. Set aside your fork and knife and use injera (a spongy flatbread) to dip into the flavourful stews and curries.
10810-95 St. | 780-756-8902
7. Allegro Italian Kitchen pairs exceptional dishes with live piano music every Friday and Saturday night! You’ll feel like you’re lounging in Italy as you enjoy homemade Cannelloni stuffed with veal and cheese and covered in a fresh marinara sauce.
10805-95 St. | 780-756-6640
8. Want to start your own batch of home-brewed beer? Talk to the knowledgeable staff at Brew For Less for helpful tips, and take home all you need in a beer or wine kit.
10774-95 St. | 780-422-0488
9. Savour authentic Thai food in a welcoming atmosphere at Viphalay Laos & Thai Restaurant! Must-try dishes include the Green Curry with Coconut Rice, Drunken Noodles, and Pad Thai.
10724-95 St. | 780-423-3213